PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
- This written notice serves to inform you how your personal data will be processed, used and managed by PTJM. If you disclose personal data to a third party other than PTJM, this notice will not apply and you will be subject to personal data notice of that third party (if any).
- In the event of conflict between the English and other language versions of this notice, the English version shall prevail.
- The personal data about you are information which you have provided to PTJM such as your name, national registration identity card no. (NRIC no.), contact number, address, email address, bank account details, photographs and such other information which may identify you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by PTJM from time to time but is not limited to information and/or documents as may be provided by you as prescribed in Paragraph 4 below.
- Your personal data is and/or will be collected from the following sources, which shall include but not limited to:
- any agreements that you may have signed and executed with us;
- any application and/or registration forms submitted by you to us;
- any forms submitted by you to us in relation to the following:
- entry into any of our contest(s);
- participation in any promotional or marketing events;
- enquiry on goods or services advertised on the Site;
- scheduling a test drive;
- scheduling an appointment with our representative or third party advertiser’s representative for the purposes of vehicle inspection and obtaining a quote for a vehicle that is intended to be sold by you;
- your use of and/or registration with our Site;
- any emails or correspondences sent by you to us which includes your personal data;
- any other documents that are submitted to us for any of the Purposes set out in Paragraph 5 below; and
- third parties such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies, fraud prevention agencies and other government entities.
- We process your personal data, including any additional information that you may subsequently provide, for the following purposes which may include but not limited to (“Purposes”):
- optimising search engine, relevant listings, and content of the Site;
- managing and administering our records in relation to the use of our services;
- assisting you in relation to any credit facility and/or insurance application;
- facilitating or enabling any checks that may be conducted on you by us or by any third party from time to time;
- complying with the applicable laws including but not limited to attending to vehicle registration process;
- assisting any government agencies or bureaus or bodies, including for the purposes of police or regulatory investigations;
- facilitating your compliance with any laws or regulations which may be applicable to you;
- communicating with you and responding to your enquiries;
- channelling your enquiries to the relevant parties including to another User or third party advertisers on the Site so that you may be contacted by them to have your queries answered;
- providing you information relating to our products and services and/or products and services of our affiliates/related corporations including promotional and direct marketing material;
- for our day-to-day operations and administrative purposes, including but not limited to file management, billing and collection, audits and reporting;
- conducting our internal activities, internal market surveys and trend analysis; and/or
- such other purposes as may be related to the foregoing.
If you do not wish to have any information on you used in any of the aforesaid manner, please notify PTJM using the contact details stated in Paragraph 7 below. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from PTJM, you can click on and unsubscribe the link in the emails to remove your address from PTJM’s emailing list.
- Personal data of third party individuals:-
- If you have provided us the personal data of any third party individuals while using our Site, you are required to obtain the individual's prior consent and you represent and warrant that you had or have obtained their consent or are otherwise entitled to provide their personal information to us.
- By providing us personal data of third party individual(s) to PTJM, you also warrant that the individual(s) is informed of and consents to the terms of this Notice.
- You hereby agree to indemnify PTJM from any and all claims, liabilities, costs, damages and/or losses that may be suffered by PTJM as a result of your breach of this Paragraph.
- You may request for access to and/or correction of your personal data and to contact us with any enquiries or complaints in respect of the use of your personal data as follows:
- charge a prescribed fee for processing your request for access to and/or correction of your personal data; and
- refuse your request for access to and/or correction of your personal data for the reasons permitted under the PDPA and/or applicable laws.
- Your hereby understand and agree that PTJM may disclose your personal data to the following third parties, whether located within or outside of Malaysia, for any of the above Purposes, which shall include but not limited to:
- other Users;
- third parties that advertise on the Site;
- banks, credit check companies, credit bureaus or credit reporting agencies and fraud prevention agencies;
- governmental departments and/or agencies, regulatory and/or statutory bodies;
- our third party providers, including but not limited to information technology service providers, data entry service providers, insurance providers, professional advisors and auditors; and
- any such third party as may be requested or authorised by you.
- Except as provided hereinabove and as required by law, we will not make available your personal data to third parties without your consent.
- You further understand and agree that it is your sole responsibility to ensure that the personal data that you have provided to us is accurate, complete and not misleading and that such personal data is kept up to date.
- Cookies are small text files or text identifiers that are downloaded to your computer or device when you
visit our Site. Your browser sends these cookies back to the Site every time you re-visit the Site, so it
can recognize you and can then tailor what you see on the screen. The cookies themselves cannot collect your
personal data, or any information or files stored on your computer or device.
- Safeguarding information to our Site is important to us. We use systems, policies and procedures to maintain
accuracy of information and to protect information from loss, misuse or alteration. Notwithstanding the
foregoing, the Site cannot guarantee that such precautions would render the Site and its servers immune to
- The terms hereinabove are governed exclusively by and are to be interpreted in accordance with the laws of Malaysia. Any and all actions, disputes or controversies arising out of or in relation to these Terms and/or the use of this Site shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the court of Malaysia.
- PTJM reserves the right to amend, revise or modify the terms hereinabove at any time and from time to time at PTJM’s absolute discretion without prior notice to you. Such amended, revised or modified Terms shall be effective upon publication on this Site.